In the expectation to accompany cashew nut producers to a better redevelopment in accordance with the OHADA Uniform Act relating to the law of Cooperative Societies (AUSCOOP), the BeninCajù project gives all its support to the actors of the sector.
During the month of August 2020, a two-day reflection and planning workshop on the redevelopment of the cooperative movement - Cashew sector - FENAPAB was organized by the ''Support to producers'' component of the BeninCajù project. It was in Komiguéa, in the north of Benin, with the active participation of several structures such as the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries (MAEP), the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MIC), the Departmental Directorate of Agriculture, of Livestock and Fisheries (DDAEP), the Agency for the Promotion of Imports and Exports (APIEX), the Chamber of Agriculture, the Interprofession of the Cashew Industry (IFA), the Technical and Financial Partners (PTFs), the FENAPAB networks - Producer Organizations (POs).
For the thirty or so participants, these two days of reflection focused in particular on:
1. A reminder of the context of the workshop and a brief overview of the provisions of AUSCOOP relating to the structuring of the cooperative movement;
2. The presentation and discussion of the different structuring options;
3. The elaboration of an action plan for restructuring;
4. The establishment of a restructuring support committee;
5. The presentation of the professionalization program of BeninCajù ;
6. The evaluation-synthesis of the workshop and determination of the next steps.
The series of speeches delivered respectively by the President of FENAPAB, the BeninCajù Head of Mission, the Director of Internal Trade Promotion of the Ministry of Industry and Trade, then the APRM Technical Adviser on Takeover Bids, highlighted the importance of the cashew nut sector for the country's economic development. Read more here.